Have you come across people in your life who were dampers—people who are generally negative? Or do you know people who just have nothing good to say about you pursuing your education or bettering yourself? You should know, deep inside, that you are pursuing your education for you.
Here are some tips for getting out from under the cloud of those negative people and thoughts, and choosing to pursue the positive.
1. Just by getting yourself ready to face the day, with that “you can’t knock me down” kind of attitude, you just took your first step towards having self-confidence.
2. The way you take pride in grooming yourself daily is exactly how you should take pride in your education. You wouldn’t leave the house with smeared make-up or bushy hair would you? Or wear wrinkly clothes to work?
3. Everyone deserves to feel good about themselves and allow that knowledge within themselves to show.
4. Although it’s draining to hear negative feedback, you have the power to choose what influences you.
5. With that being said, having high self-esteem and high confidence contributes to getting you where you need to be in life. You have to build the courage to ask questions or even ask for help.
6. Having a healthy relationship in your home environment can also put you at ease, whether it is with parents or within your relationship. Support is healthy.
7. Something to think about: if negative feedback is following you in your life, then maybe it’s time for a positive educational change.
Andrea Endischee is a proud mother to five children, and proud to be a 34-year-old student attending the Flagstaff campus of CollegeAmerica. Currently employed with Sears as a cashier, Andrea is studying for an Associate’s degree in Medical Specialties.