GED® Recipient Scholarships
CollegeAmerica applauds adult students who come back to school to earn their GED. We offer the Build a Better Future Scholarship to help adult students continue their education and get a degree designed for better employment.
The Build a Better Future Scholarship award provides $3,000 toward the recipient’s tuition. Each CollegeAmerica campus can give an unlimited number of this scholarship each year.
Adults who want to apply for the Build a Better Future Scholarship can contact the CollegeAmerica campus they want to attend. In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- Complete one of CollegeAmerica’s GED preparation programs
- Show proof that the student earned his or her GED
- Submit the scholarship application within one year of earning his or her GED
- Applicants are required to submit all application materials at least one week prior to beginning classes at CollegeAmerica.
- Applicants can receive only one scholarship award from CollegeAmerica.
- Scholarships are awarded ratably, by term, over the course of a student’s degree program. A term is typically four months.
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet all college-entrance and program requirements.
- Scholarships are non-transferable. They apply only to tuition, and they do not result in cash payments to students.
- To stay eligible for the Build a Better Future Scholarship, recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout enrollment at CollegeAmerica. If a recipient’s cumulative GPA goes below 3.0, he or she loses the scholarship and all future awards.
- If a recipient withdraws or is terminated from CollegeAmerica, the scholarship is forfeited permanently.
- Scholarships are available only to those who qualify, and they are limited in number.