How Can I Get Healthcare Certifications in Colorado?
Healthcare is a fast-growing industry, one that offers lots of employment opportunities to those who have the appropriate skills. There are many options available online and in schools that teach you the right skills to get a job in healthcare.
However, when you are already working another job, researching how to get into the medical field and get the right healthcare certifications can seem like a big amount of time you don’t have. CollegeAmerica is here to help you understand the potential of getting a healthcare certification, the options that it will open up to you, and where to get healthcare certifications in the state of Colorado.
What to Do with a Healthcare Certification
By getting a healthcare certification, you are opening the door to the healthcare Industry. With an Associate’s degree in Medical Specialties that will prepare you for multiple certifications, you can enter the following medical industries:
- Medical Assistant
- A medical assistant is trained in and performs both clinical duties and administrative duties. Medical assistant positions are available in physician offices, medical clinics, and hospitals.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in running a pharmacy and help the pharmacists focus on their job of preparing the medications for patients.
- Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
- This position helps to apply coding principles for medical appointments so that billing for the medical visit is easy to understand. These specialists oftentimes work with patients and insurance companies.
There are many jobs available to you in the healthcare industry. These are not the only jobs available to those who complete healthcare certifications, but they give an idea of what is available. All it takes is the right credentials and a little research to determine what would be the best fit for you and your future goals.
Benefits of Healthcare Certifications
By completing medical certifications, you increase your personal marketability. Getting the right certifications helps you become attractive to employers in the healthcare Industry and helps you stick out from the crowd. By dedicating time to earning your healthcare certification you are showing a future employer that you are willing to do what it takes to learn new skills and that you will be dedicated to the work. Your certifications will become a badge of honor to put on your resume to show employers that you have the skills that they need.
Where to Get Healthcare Certifications
Online and brick-and-mortar schools that offer training and preparation for healthcare certifications are plentiful, so you want to make sure you find the right place to get certified. You want to prepare to get certified with a place that not only gets you into their classes but that supports you and stays with you every step of the way. Look for a school that prides itself in preparing you for certifications that employers are looking for. You don’t want to start a program and realize that it wasn’t what you thought it was.
Look for schools that offer other benefits as well. For example, CollegeAmerica offers you a new laptop to use in school and lets you keep it after you graduate. When you look for a school that offers preparation and training for healthcare certifications, take all of the benefits and offers into account before making a decision. This is your future and you need to take care of it and know what you are getting into.
Here are the possible certifications* you can be trained for at our CollegeAmerica Colorado campuses:
- Certified Nursing Aide (Colorado Springs and Denver campuses only)
- Certified Billing/Coding Specialist
- Certified ECG/EKG Technician
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician License
- Patient Care Technician
- Electronic Records Health Specialist
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid
- Certified Medical Office Assistant (Colorado Springs campus only)
- Certified Cardiographic Technician (Colorado Springs campus only)
- Qualified Medication Administration Person (Colorado Springs campus only)
If you are in Colorado and looking for an opportunity to join the healthcare industry then you should contact CollegeAmerica today and request more information about their training and preparation for healthcare certifications. This is your opportunity to take a step forward into a new career and improve your lifestyle.
*Certificates not awarded by the college. May require additional study and/or cost.