CollegeAmerica is a registered mark of Center for Excellence in Higher Education, Inc. For information about our graduation rates, the median debt of graduates who completed the program and other important information, please visit our student information page. Online programs are offered by our affiliated college, Independence University. Student information for CollegeAmerica may be found here. CollegeAmerica does not guarantee salaries, and salaries vary greatly depending on employer, specialty and geographic area. Starting salaries will vary by location and may be lower or higher than the median salary. Not all programs are available at all locations. The regularly scheduled completion time for Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees is 20 and 36 months, respectively. Scholarship awards are limited and only available to those who qualify. See www.scholarshipshc.com for details.
The following represents the information gathering and use practices of CollegeAmerica (the “CA Site”). These web sites include CollegeAmerica and its subdomains.
CA may collect information to improve functionality and content, and to monitor performance. CA staff use such data to help answer specific questions about the usage and performance of the web site or individual web pages. When you visit the CA web site, we may collect information regarding:
• Your Internet location (IP address).
• Which pages you visit on our site.
• From which web page you came to our site.
• Which software you use to visit our site and its configuration.
If you apply for admission or ask to receive other services provided by CA, any information you provide is confidential and is not shared with any third parties except as authorized by you as part of the application process or other service you receive.
The CA web sites do not:
• Collect personally identifiable information (e.g., name, email address) unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
• Provide or sell any personally identifiable information to outside agencies (third parties) except as authorized by you as part of the application process or other service.
The information we collect may include your name, address, phone numbers and email addresses where you may be reached. We may use this information to contact you through various means including phone calls, text messages, e-mail and postal mail about products and services that we offer.
CA works in a distributed information technology environment. Policies and procedures for other web sites may vary. If you have questions about any web site’s privacy practices, please contact the specific department, unit or organization that maintains the content.
Our staff occasionally monitors search terms that users enter into the CA search engine but this tracking is never associated with individual users.
CA will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on CA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of CA, and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of CA, or the public.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Contacting the College
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us.
This web site contains the most current information and policies and will supercede any printed catalogs or other university publications.
For more information on privacy, please visit the Electronic Privacy Information Center (www.epic.org).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Please carefully read these terms and conditions before using these CollegeAmerica Web pages (the “CA Site”). By using the CA Site you indicate your agreement to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use the CA Site.
1. Copyright and Proprietary Rights. This World Wide Web site is the property of CA and its licensors and is protected by United States and International Copyright laws. All copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights in the CA Site and in the software, text, graphics, design elements, audio, music and all other materials originated or used by CA at its site (the “CA Information”) are reserved to CA and its licensors
• You may not reproduce, upload, post, transmit, download or distribute any part of the CA Information or information accessed at other sites through links made at the CA Site (“Other Sites”) other than printing out or downloading portions of the text and images for your own personal, non-commercial use.
• You may not modify the CA Site, Other Sites, or any material residing on such Sites.
• You shall observe copyright and other restrictions imposed by Other Sites. You may not use the CA Site or Other Sites in any manner that infringes the rights of any person or entity.
•Domain names and trademarks of Other Sites, or contained in information accessed at Other Sites, are the sole property of their respective owners. No affiliation with, endorsement of, or sponsorship by CA should be inferred.
Responsibility for Content. CA does not screen, edit or review material submitted by users. CA can there fore accept no responsibility or liability for any material which may reside in or is accessed by the CA Site other than CA Information. CA has no responsibility with respect to Other Sites. You may not link, upload, post or transmit any illegal, obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate material to the CA Site. You agree to indemnify CA from any damage, loss, cost or expense which may be incurred by CA as a result of the material you link, upload, post, or transmit to the CA Site. CA has no duty to review or edit materials submitted by users. Any such materials may be removed by CA at any time for any reason.
Exclusions Of Warranties. No warranties of any kind are made with respect to the CA Site or information, or Other Sites. CA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CA SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE ACCURATE, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. WE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CA SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DATA LOSS OR CORRUPTION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE.
Submissions. All concepts, ideas, comments, manuscripts, illustrations, and all other materials disclosed or offered to CA on or in connection with this Site are submitted without any restrictions or expectation of confidentiality. CA shall have no financial or other obligations to you when you submit such information, nor shall you assert any proprietary or moral right of any kind with respect to such submissions. CA shall have the right to use, publish, reproduce, transmit, download, upload, post, display or otherwise distribute your submissions in any manner without notice or compensation to you.
Export Controls. Your use of the CA Site will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations that govern the export of technical data.
Choice Of Law And Jurisdiction. This CA Site is operated from our offices in the State of Utah, United States of America. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah, without reference to any conflict of law principles.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL CA OR ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR MULTIPLE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND.
Limitation of Claims. Any action on any claim against CA must be brought by the user within one (1) year following the date the claim first accrued, or shall be deemed waived.
Entire Agreement. This is the entire agreement between the parties and may not be modified except in writing signed by both parties.
By posting content on CollegeAmerica’s Social Media Sites you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of the social sites themselves and in particular you represent, warrant and agree that no content submitted, posted, transmitted, or shared by you will infringe upon the rights of any third party.
CollegeAmerica accepts no responsibility or liability for any data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, images, video, messages, or any other materials whatsoever (“Content”) generated by you and publicly posted on CollegeAmerica’s Social Media Sites. We expect that all participants post Content that is both relevant and respectful to this community as a whole.
Specifically, we do not tolerate the following Content:
• Language that is abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
• Vulgar language or offensive material
• Sales/promotion of goods or services, or links to other sites
• Advocacy of illegal or immoral activity
• Anything that infringes or may infringe copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights
• Files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
• CollegeAmerica has no obligation to monitor CollegeAmerica’s Social Media Sites. However, CollegeAmerica reserves the right to remove any Content that does not adhere to our guidelines and to block anyone who repeatedly violates them.
Content posted by users and by CollegeAmerica employees who are not CollegeAmerica spokespersons do not necessarily reflect the view of CollegeAmerica.
By posting content on our Social Media Sites, you grant CollegeAmerica the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, edit and/or display such content for any CollegeAmerica purpose.