What Information Will I Need to Provide?
The following checklist will help you gather the information you’ll need to complete your FAFSA. By keeping copies of this information, you’ll save yourself time later when you apply for private aid, as many sources require this same information (download our guide to financial aid).
- Your Social Security Number (you can find this on your Social Security card).
- Your previous year’s federal income tax return and that of your spouse, if you are married and filing separately.
- Any records showing money earned in the previous tax year that doesn’t appear on your previous year’s return.
- If you’re a dependent student, your parents’ previous year’s federal income tax return.
- Any foreign tax returns or tax returns from Puerto Rico (if applicable).
- Your previous year’s untaxed income records, including Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans’ benefits records (if applicable).
- Your previous year’s bank statements.
- Your previous year’s records for investments, business, and mortgage (if applicable).
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).
- If you want CollegeAmerica to put together a financial aid plan for you, enter our school code (025943 or 031203 in Arizona) on your application.
Helpful FAFSA Hints
- Read all the school information carefully. If you have any questions about costs or other important information, contact our financial aid department for the answers you need.
- Complete your paperwork carefully and completely, following the instructions closely.
- Pay close attention to deadline dates, so you won’t miss out on aid awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Answer any letters or email you receive right away. Otherwise, you may miss a deadline.
- Keep copies of everything, including forms and communication both sent and received relating to your application.
- Reapply for financial aid by the deadline each year to maintain eligibility.
Still have questions? We’ll walk you through the process. Call us at 1-800-622-2894 or click here to request more information.